Time for some scriptin'!

 Coding time!


The matrix is here. Not the real one where you are Neo against agent Smith.SciptRunner for Data Center is the real deal. It lets you add more functionalities for sure. One example is that actually you can make dynamic forms in Jira while the other fields are hidden.

ScriptRunner is based on groovy language which is based on Java. Yes, you need to learn the fundamentals of Java, and no I haven't done that since I am lazy. But I will continue to learn. That and APIs'. It's fun thing to do, at least for me (should be for you guys as well).

So, the other day I was strolling around the behaviors, listeners, UI fragments - this is by the way cool part, because you can create your own buttons! MIND BLOWN!
Can cloud do it? Nope.

A lot of options really. 
 

I thought to my self: "Why not trying to write a script?" So here it is. A basic script that pulls the data like key, summary and the name of the priority. It can come in handy.

Also, I would recommend to use the HAPI which is within the Adaptavist documentation. It makes your life much easier. But if you like a challenge like I do, go ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts